• joan-audino-1
  • 1b
  • 2c

Australian Marriages


Legal Requirements
for Australian Marriages : Complete a “Notice of Intended Marriage”

  • You must not be marrying a parent, grandparent, child, grandchild, brother or sister
  • Understand what marriage means and freely consent to becoming a legally married couple
  • Not be married to someone else
  • ‘Notice of Intended Marriage’ must be given to their authorized marriage celebrant at least ONE month before the ceremony date.
  • A person aged 18 years or older, who is not currently married.
  • Note

To complete the Notice of Intended Marriage you will need to provide the following documentation:
If born in Australia you will need:

  • Proof of Birth place and date-eg. Original or an “Extract’ of Birth Certificate or a Valid Passport
  • Photo ID- eg Passport or Driver’s Licence
  • Proof of parent’s full names and country of birth.
  • Certificate of Divorce  or Death (if relevant)
  • Certificate of Death (if relevant)

If you were born Overseas you will need:

  • *Original Birth Certificate  or
  • Passport which shows your date and place of birth 
  • Proof of parent’s full names and country of birth.
  • Photo ID
  • You may also be asked to have the documents translated by an approved authority – NITTI.
  • Certificate of Divorce or Death, whichever is relevant


Notice of Intention to Marry (NOIM)

To get married in Victoria, or any other Australian state or territory, you need to complete a Notice of Intended Marriage   (NOIM) The Notice of Intended Marriage form is available from Joan or can be downloaded from link above.  


Joan can supply you with the required VISA letter as requested by the Immigration Department, confirming your completion of the NOIM for your application for a Partner or Prospective Marriage Visa.